Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports privileges incorrect on multisite

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lcenvs
    Participant

Greetings (and pardon my staff member posting his question in this bugs forum) — My user privileges are now no longer what I’ve assigned them in User Role Editor Pro, and the problem is fixed when I network-disable URE, so I believe the problem is with URE. Details:

• I’m running WP multisite latest
    • I’m running URE Pro latest (4.14.4)
    • The specific issue is ability to edit posts…a hugely basic need for my users!
    • When I network disable URE Pro, the problem goes away. I can also solve it by running privileges via Toolset Access plugin, but I’d prefer not to do this.
    • Please let’s look into this soon; thanks.

Jim P.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Jim,

I need more information from you to proceed. Please Show me the General tab from the User Role Editor Settings page, and the page with role capabilities, which assigned to your user.

What exact problem is? Do you can not create new post? Or do you can not edit existing post? In second case is it your own post or post of the other author?

Regards,
    Vladimir.

lcenvs
    Participant

I’m sorry for not replying; I did not receive your reply via email, even though I enabled “Notify me of follow-up replies via email.” We disabled URE when we had this problem, yet want to re-enable it as we need to diagnose other user role issues, so I just checked your forum and saw this reply (and a more recent reply as well, to which I’ll respond shortly).

I will re-activate URE latest on a test site on our multisite, then will look into the edit_post capability.

Jim P.

lcenvs
    Participant

I’ve now installed UREPro v4.16 on our multisite, activated on a test site, and had no problem with edit_post capability. This is with a per-site activation, however, not network activation, so it’s not an exact duplicate of what we earlier did. (See this post, please, for important question on activation in multisite environment.)

Regards,

Jim P.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks for the information. Let’s proceed in this thread.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.