Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Lost WP Admin Bar in update to 4.62.1

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    [email protected]
    Participant

Hi – updated to version 4.62.1 from the previous version. This update causes my WP Admin bar to disappear from the top of every page. Can you look into this. How can I go back to the previous version? Thanks, Brian

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

What role does not see admin bar? If you deactivate URE, will this role see admin bar?

[email protected]
    Participant

Hi

The Administrator role. When I deactivate URE, the Admin bar comes back. Chats how I found it was causing it. I deactivated every plugin and turned on each one, one at a time.

It started right after I updated to your last update. I have not updated to WP 5.9.3 yet

Brian

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Open Users->User Role Editor. Select ‘Administrator’ role and scroll page down. Look if the “Hide admin bar” checkbox is not accidentally switched ON.

[email protected]
    Participant

Hi. I checked. The checkbox is not switched on for any admin role

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

If that’s possible, send site URL and admin credentials to support [at-sign] role-editor.com
    I will investigate the problem.

[email protected]
    Participant

I sent the creds to you for Admin for http://www.rickackerman.com

Brian

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

Thanks. I logged-in as see top admin bar at front-end for a few pages I came through. The issue is not caused by URE Pro version update. Btw., if needed, you can download older version .zip from the same “Download” page.

The problem is that user pleonstic has 3 roles, one of which (touts_done) has “Hide admin bar” option turned ON. There is no need to grant user with administrator role additional roles. User test user record(s) with needed role instead.

[email protected]
    Participant

I solved the problem. You can’t have any other permissions with an administrator. You should ad this as a warning on the setup page.

Thanks
    Brian

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.