Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Restrict or Permit access inside WordPress – how to List Users of one role or MemberType And change the role

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    yomyaffe
    Participant

I give access in the menu of users, the Role A can create Users of ROLE B and C. This user create the new users, but in the list of users dont appears any user :(, and i wont let this user to list and edit all the users of the B and C Roles… Also edit the role and improve from B to C.

I use the Other Roles Addon.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Following to your description, user with Role A should see all users with role B or C. It’s by design. Show screenshots of role A, and “Other Roles” opened for role A. You need host screenshots somewhere else and insert here the links only or send images to my support email.

yomyaffe
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

User Other Roles Config:
    other_roles_block_access
    Other roles

Create new user from ROLE A BackEnd, with posibility to choose the role of the new user (B,C or D)
    new user
    New user

Empty list of users after create some users of the allow roles… i need see all the users of this roles, not only the users who i create… but i cabt see any user in the list.
    list_users_empty
    Empty List

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks you for the additional information.

I see at the screenshot the bbPress roles in the list of the blocked roles. Users may have more then a single role granted at the same time. Take into account that when some roles are blocked for the role A, user with role A sees at the “Users” list only users who have allowed (not blocked) role(s). Thus, if new created user has the secondary bbPress role ‘participant’ assigned, user with role A will not see such user, as one of his roles is blocked for him.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.