Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Issues with Page Permissions

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    nicolembernd
    Participant

I currently run User Role Editor Pro and WordPress 4.9. My page permissions are not functioning properly. I have been troubleshooting for days and cannot seem to resolve the issue.

Whenever I set a page permission to logged in users only it will allow my users to log in and view that page for a time and then blocks them completely, including from all menus.

I have a cache plugin and tried turning that off for logged in users to see if that resolved the issue and it did not. Anyone have any ideas? Am I missing something?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Clarify, what URE Pro add-ons do you use:
    – Did you set content view restrictions for pages?
    – Did you set restrictions for front-end menu?

nicolembernd
    Participant

Yes content view restrictions set to logged in users only.

Logged in users get bumped out after about 7 min.

I did also set restrictions for the front-end menu to logged-in users only.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks.
    Is this happened if you deactivate URE Pro. I mean not access to front-end menu and page, but logged-in user state. Will it stay logged-in after 7 minutes without URE Pro restrictions?

nicolembernd
    Participant

Without URE this does not happen. It is only when I have URE and set permissions for the page to – logged in users only.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I tested your site and got to a conclusion that the reason of the described issue with access to restricted pages of logged-in users as they are not logged-in is the caching plugin, which shows to a logged-in user the cached copy of a page which was built for not logged-in visitor and thus, contains access error message.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.