Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    webmaestro
    Participant

Exporting from one site with the pro plugin, getting this file: ure-roles-backup_2019-03-03_12_19_50.dat which I then import into another site where I have the pro plugin installed, and am getting this: Import failure: Role file is broken possibly.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Send me exported .dat file (support [at-sign] role-editor.com). I will check what is wrong with its content.

webmaestro
    Participant

Thank you – I’ve just sent it

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Got it. This file was exported with older version of URE Pro. It’s format is not compatible with versions of URE Pro starting from 4.41:

= [4.41] 06.02.2018 =
    * Core version: 4.40.1
    * New: Export-import module was rewritten:
    * - Attention: New exported data format is not compatible with data exported by older versions.
    * - Users->User Role Editor: Export/Import buttons applied to the single currently selected role only.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Workaround:
    Deactivate new version of URE Pro at the new site.
    Copy older version of URE Pro via FTP to other folder of new site, like user-role-editor-pro-4.40.
    Activate older version of URE Pro.
    Fulfill roles import.
    Deactivate older version of URE Pro. Delete it via FTP.
    Activate back newer version of URE Pro.

You can make similar steps with newer version of URE Pro at old site. But you will need to export/import roles one by one. Newer versions of URE Pro (4.41+) do not support multiple roles export/import as a single operation.
    It will be added with time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.