Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ How to block menu items to all sites (multisite) ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    pazazta
    Participant

Hey,
    I’ve just bought the pro version of this plugin and wanted to ask – How can I block menu items for a role that it will work for all sites ?
    I have multiple sites using the same menu and each one has access to 1 site.
    I’ve succeed doing it for 1 site but I want it to be for all.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Open User Role Editor Pro at the Network Admin. Network Admin->Users->User Role Editor and click “Update Network”, then turn ON “Admin menu access restrictions” checkbox.

pazazta
    Participant

Thank you.
    It works partially.
    In the new user I have 2 new menu items that should not be there:
    1. ‘WPML’ (and all it’s sub menu items)
    2. ‘Delete site’
    In the main site those items does not appear

Any ideas?

pazazta
    Participant

Hey,
    This issue still not resolved for me.
    Can you please help?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I missed your message somehow…

Does new added user at subsite has the same role as at the main site?
    Did you block WPML with ‘Admin menu’? Does ‘Admin menu’ have the same settings at subsite or do you see any differences?

Where do you see ‘Delete site’? I mean does this user has access to the “Network admin -> Sites’ or something else?

pazazta
    Participant

Hey,
    Both have the same role (I’ve created a new role)
    About WPML – It’s OK now – It’s suddenly gone from the menu…

The problem now is only with the item “Delete site” which appears in the admin menu like any other menu item (‘Pages’, ‘Posts’ and etc).
    I can go to the subsite and block it from the Admin menu manually but I need it to be automatically once I click “Update Network”.
    I understand why it happen – The main site doesn’t have this item at all (Unlike the subsites which have it) thus when “updating network” this menu item ignored.

Do you have any idea how to solve it?
    If I can block the option to delete site in the main site and then “update network” I think it will work.

Thank you

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I never saw ‘Delete Site” item at the admin menu. So I suppose that it was added by some plugin. Is it right?

Your assumption about a source of this problem is correct – URE works with admin menu copy from the main site.

There is no ‘delete_sites’ capability. Try to revoke ‘manage_sites’ capability from the role. May be it will help.

pazazta
    Participant

It’s not related to any plugin.
    Maybe it’s new feature of wordpress.
    Anyway I’ve succeed by revoking “Manage Options” (revoking ‘manage_sites’ didn’t work).
    Thank you for your support

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.