Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Restrict or Permit access inside WordPress – how to How do I allow certain users to be use a plugin to add post?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    akhan522
    Participant

I have a specific plugin that I want my VAs to be able to use fro the backend but I don’t see an option to allow it. The plugin doesn’t even show up as an option to either show or hide?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Activate this add-on and open “Admin menu” at URE for ‘administrator’ role. Look what capability protects menu of that plugin. Grant that capability to a role, which will work with that specific plugin.

akhan522
    Participant

This plugin is awesome. Thanks very much. I hope disabling all the options to limit my VAs is secure for the website.

Thank you vladimir for such a great plugin

akhan522
    Participant

How do I hide the published products that my VAs can’t edit or see?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks for the good feedback.
    Look at the edit restrictions add-on.
    You can set “Own data only” option for this user.
    In general, user with active edit restrictions will see only posts/pages which he can edit.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I hope disabling all the options to limit my VAs is secure for the website

Login under restricted user and try input to the browser a link so any blocked admin menu item. You will see that user can not access it. URE will redirect user to the 1st available admin menu item.

I recommend though, revoke from a role all unneeded capabilities 1st and use admin menu blocking add-on only after that step.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.