Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Hiding Admin Menu items breaks other plugin access

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    marketing-tools
    Participant

When I hide admin menu items, it redirects users trying to access this page: https://www.sureid.com/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=wpsl_stores&page=wpsl_csv&section=export. I have traced the issue to this, and not permissions. It seems the user will be redirected to the first available admin menu item instead of successfully loading that page.

I am using the WP Store Locator plugin, and trying to give access to the export page while hiding almost all other admin menu items.

Any ideas? Is this a bug, or am I missing something? Thanks.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I suppose that you use “Block not selected” model. URE Pro allows to use just the exact URL you selected at menu items list. URL you showed contains additional parameter ‘section’. This is a reason, why URE blocks this URL and redirects user to the 1st available item from admin menu.

Workaround:
    1) Use ‘Block selected’ model, if it’s not critical for you.
    or
    2) Send me plugin copy (via dropbox, etc.). I will send you a code for custom filter, which will allow for URE to use ‘section’ parameter with edit.php for this custom post type.

marketing-tools
    Participant
    1. I am using the ‘Block selected’ model, and have also tried the ‘Block Not Selected’ model. Both have the same effect of redirecting.
    2. Did you want the URE plugin sent to you? Or the WP Store Locator plugin sent? You can download the WP Store Locator plugin from the WordPress plugin repo here.

Thank you.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I needed WP Store Locator for testing. I thought it’s a paid product. I got it. Thanks.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

A problem is related to the paid add-on: https://wpstorelocator.co/add-ons/csv-manager/
    Right? I need its copy for testing (use dropbox or similar). My email: support [at-sign] role-editor.com
    Show me a screenshot of your admin menu item selection for this role.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.