Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Give user access to plugin – how to Having Issues with granting User Access to Plugin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pawan2017
    Participant

I granted a user the access to manage a plugin, everything seem to work to the extent that the rest of the installed plugins are restricted and the user is able to see only the plugin given access to from his login but when he is clicks on the settings of the plugin it draws a blank screen.

tried changing different setting and giving access to all the capabilities under plugins but still draws only a blank.

the access given is Activate plugins on the role that I created. pls advice

Vladimir
    Keymaster

You should grant ‘activate_plugins’ to role or user only in case you really wish that a user activate plugins. If you need to grant access to the menu created by some plugin, you have to grant other capabilities almost in 100% of cases.

I need a plugin copy to check what permissions it requires. You can send a .zip directly to support [at-sign] role-editor.com in case it’s a commercial product.

pawan2017
    Participant

I was going through the other posts and and found a similar issue with another user, I’m trying to give access to Yoast SEO plugin and I see that u replied to have Manage_options capability to the Role, but the issue here is it exposes the settings and a lot of other plugins in my case which I would like to avoid, is there a way around this.

I would like to give the user yoast SEO full managing capability without exposing my settings and other plugins settings. Advice.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Grant ‘manage_options’ to this role and restrict admin menu available to it via “Admin menu access” additional module.

pawan2017
    Participant

Thanks Vladimir, worked like a charm. needless to say you have an Awesome Product.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.