Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Gravity Forms inaccessible using custom role

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    bcwebmaster
    Participant

Hello!
    I just updated from 4.29.1 to 4.31 on our WordPress multisite instance, and it caused the following issue:

When accessing the Gravity Forms plugin admin interface using a custom role that has full access, WordPress would enter what appeared to be a redirect loop for several minutes, and then state that the user did not have access. Trying to do this with a user having default ‘Administrator’ capabilities did not cause issues.

I have rolled back to 4.29.1, and this has resolved the issue for the time being.

I am running the most recent version of Gravity Forms, on WordPress 4.6.x

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi!

Do you set any additional restrictions for this custom role or user? Show me a screenshot of the role and any additional restrictions set for this role or user. I will try to repeat the issue.

bcwebmaster
    Participant

Hello Vladimir,
    Thanks for your quick reply!

Here is a screenshot of the capabilities:
    https://www.evernote.com/l/AYuAP5znfwFLoo1PAm6gplzbKlnsNPv0j5w

And here is a gist of the export file:
    https://gist.github.com/taija/ff3f626c71f45c14bed401a4b3b4d3d2

I will be on vacation for the next few weeks, so may not be able to provide additional info after today.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

I got a similar report from other client. Just to check if you meet the same problem –
    Is “Activate per form user access management for Gravity Forms” option at URE’s Additional Modules Settings tab turn ON at your installation?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Try version 4.31.1 with a fix for this serious bug.

bcwebmaster
    Participant

This looks like it is working! Thank you so much for your prompt response on this issue.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback.

djendudh
    Participant

Hello,
    Please see the attached screenshots. I am having similar problems, I am trying to restrict users to have access to only certain forms. But the users are able to see forms created by other users. Please help.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/18UoPmq9XxTsdgu0bcBQOLwv0G9bFBOB0o8mL4nmQns0/edit?usp=sharing

Vladimir
    Keymaster

What version of Gravity Forms do you use?

djendudh
    Participant

Hello Vladimir,
    Thank you for such quick reply. I am using Version 2.1.3.
    Regards,
    Amit

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I just re-tested successfully with GF v. 2.1.3.8
    Is it possible to look at your site on-line? If ‘Yes’, send admin credentials to support [at-sign] role-editor.com

djendudh
    Participant

It’s on my local host, I can share using TeamViewer

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I make support work via off-line tools only.

You can send to my e-mail download links to .zip with your local WP installation files copy and exported MySql-database file. I will try to reproduce your issue at my own local environment then.

djendudh
    Participant

Hello Vladimir,

I sent an email to support address with link to download my WordPress.

Regards,
    Amit

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Amit,

I restored a site from your backup. You have 1 form with ID 4. You restricted a user businessowner01 to see the only form with ID=4. Other user businessowner02 does not have any restrictions. That’s why he sees form with ID=4. If you add a new form with ID=5, and set a similar restriction for the user businessowner02 in order he will see just the form with ID=5. He will not see any other form then. While a restriction field is empty for a user, this user sees all existing forms.

Be aware that using the different role management plugins simultaneously can lead to the problem as they play on the same field and may conflict in some cases. I see that you have a ‘Members’ plugin in a active state.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.