Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ Gravity Forms Edit not working

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    rheinstars-koeln
    Participant

Hi, i am on WP 3.6.1 with URE 4.31.1 and everything seems to be working, except the edit feature….
    I am using a restricted user. so for admin everything is fine, but the restricted user, that has everything ticked in both the admin menu section as well as the cutsom capability section, can’t edit forms
    he can create, and see the settings and entries, but whenever he tries to edit it jumps to the “view all posts” screen

rheinstars-koeln
    Participant

to add some more info:
    i enabled the meta box for gravity forms and the dashboard no i am always redirected to the dashboard if i try something i dont have right to.
    when i enable the “per form” option in additional modules i can SEE only the form in question, but when i click i get redirected to the dashboard and the dashboard shows NO forms
    when i disable the per form option i can see 7 out of 9 forms on the dashboard and i can see all forms when i click see all forms but i still can’t edit any form.
    as i said all other options seem to work though

what info do you need to help troubleshoot this?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Will it change if you turn off “Admin menu access” add-on at URE’s Settings? If ‘Yes’, show me a full screenshot of admin menu list for this user role.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Do you really use so old WordPress version 3.6.1?

rheinstars-koeln
    Participant

oh sorry of course 4.6.1
    i am currently not in the office i will send a screenshot soon
    thanks for the quick reply

rheinstars-koeln
    Participant

and yes after i disabled “dmin menu access” add-on at URE’s Setting
    i now can edit the form, i could not check much more
    here are the screens
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/n1v9mgb6kx5pqoq/Screenshot%202017-01-04%2017.33.58.png?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2s3b1yqmgv2jbd/Screenshot%202017-01-04%2017.34.30.png?dl=0

i still don’t see any forms in the dashboard widget, unless i click on “show all forms” but this is not really impportant

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks for your help. I repeated this issue. It will be fixed with a next update – this month.

The reason of a problem is that form edit URL has additional URL parameter ‘id’, which is not allowed as selected menu item URL does not contain it. I will extend the list of allowed URL parameters for Gravity Forms.

Quick workaround – change your “Admin menu” options from “Block not selected” to “Block selected” and then re-check menu items accordingly. You may swap them with ‘Shift’+Click on the top row checkbox.

Gravity Forms dashboard widget shows just forms which have unread entries. It does not show all existing forms.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Fix for this issue is available for testing starting from development version 4.32.b3. Development version is available after login from the same download page.

rheinstars-koeln
    Participant

awesome, thanks for the quick replay and clearing up the dashboard misunderstanding i had.
    man you are good 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.