Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ GravitiyForms Addons Uninstall

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    emsweb
    Participant

Hey Guys,

Thanks very much for your wonderful software. It fulfills my needs, very happy with it.

I came across one thing though:

I limit my users and disabled the capability to uninstall gravity forms addons.

BUT when a user goes to settings in GravityForms (for example to enter MailChimp API) they still can uninstall the addons (despite of Gravity warnings) and the addon then is deactivated across all sites in WordPress network. (except for those who are using addon already)

This should not be possibe when the capability is not there, sure it’s not desirable.

Do you know of this? Is this a “bug”? Or a gravityForms thing?

Hope to hear form you!

Kind regards,
    Michael

emsweb
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

Did you have time to check why it is possible to uninstall gravityforms addons (through settings) even when user role editor capabilty is set to NOT be able to uninstall addons for users.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,
    Michael

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

I’m sorry about so huge delay with response. I missed you question somehow.

User Role Editor just modifies role here (according to your description) and nothing more. GF plugin itself should check a capability and prohibit not allowed actions. It’s better to address this question to Gravity Forms support 1st.

emsweb
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

No worries, thanks for your reply.

I had the idea also…that it is more a GF thing. I will get in touch with the GF guys!

Just to be sure, what exactly does the option in your plugin do? So what is the difference for a user when “gravityforms_addonname_uninstall” is checked/unchecked?

Thanks a lot!

Happy User Role Editor user!
    Regards,
    Michael

Vladimir
    Keymaster

User Role Editor does not make any special efforts on custom user capabilites created by other plugins. ‘gravity_forms_addonname_uninstall’ user capability is registered by active Gravity Forms add-on and should be used by Gravity Forms or/and related GF add-on.

URE helps you to add such custom user capability to a role by your selection. URE saves capability with role together in the database when you turn it on for a role. That’s it.

I made a quick search through the GF code and one of GF add-on I have. It seems, on the 1st glance, that this capability ‘gravity_forms_addonname_uninstall’ is never used.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.