Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Getting an "insufficient permissions" for some admins but not others

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Printrbot
    Spectator

When attempting to add a new Coupon for WooCommerce, some of our admin accounts are getting an “insufficient permissions” error. These are main root level admins, not role created admins. I have verified that the role editor plugin is causing the issue as we are able to add coupons without this message when the plugin is disabled.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Can not reproduce described problem:
    1) Activated User Role Editor Pro.
    2) Created user with ‘Administrator’ role.
    3) Logged in under that user.
    4) Created WooCommerce coupon successfully.

Is it possible to look on the issue on site? I need such problematic user account access.

Printrbot
    Spectator

I will PM you the login info.

Actually, how can I send you the login info without posting it in the forum?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Send it to support [at-sign] role-editor.com

Printrbot
    Spectator

will do, thanks

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Test admin you created for me can not add new coupons too. Quick checking shows, that You have ‘Activate “Create Post/Page” capability’ option active. It turned on automatically with “Activate user access management to editing selected posts and pages” together. But “Administrator” role does not have ‘create_posts’ and ‘create_pages’ capabilities included. This is the reason of the problem. Administrators who may add new coupons has those capabilities added directly to their users.
    After I added ‘create_posts’ and ‘create_pages’ capabilities to the “Administrator” role, test admin (you created for me) can add new coupons. I’m sure that it will be the same for the rest administrators.

Printrbot
    Spectator

That worked, thanks so much!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.