Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Give user access to plugin – how to Enabling custom taxonomy for posts with a new User Role

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    getronics
    Participant

Hi there,

We created a new role on our site “Marketing Manager” – which has all access to posts / pages / a custom post type.

Using CPT-UI, we created a custom taxonomy for the regular Posts – I have given our new role access to all permissions for posts – but they can’t see the custom taxonomy when creating a new post (I can as an admin).

I looked thorugh all the access levels with the pro plugin but can’t see an option for this.

Please help 🙂

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Starting from version 4.59.2 URE

* Update: Option “Force custom post types to use their own capabilities” replaces default capabilities for the custom taxonomies also.
    It takes the slug of the 1st post type associated with such taxonomy (e.g. ‘video’) and builds own capabilities this way: manage_terms->manage_video_terms, edit_terms->edit_video_terms, delete_terms->delete_video_terms, assign_terms->assign_video_terms.

So search between custom capabilities similar to the named above, but with your custom post type inside and grant them to your role.

getronics
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you – I have checked this, however it is not a custom post type they are having issues with, it is a custom taxonomy associated with the defaul “posts”.

I can’t post an image here, otherwise I would!

Vladimir
    Keymaster

You can place images to some external resource and send here the links. Or send screenshots directly to support [at-sign] role-editor.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.