Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Southside
    Participant

Hi, I set “Allow access” on some blog posts to only be visible if you are a logged in user. (I would like to set hide/show on a specific blog category also, but I can see that is not possible.)
    But how is Content View Restriction handled in feeds, will those posts also be hidden from the RSS-feed? Or doesn´t User Role have any effect at all on the RSS-feed?

I want to provide a RSS-feed-link for guests/non-members that are not allowed to see the hidden posts. And the feed should only show open posts. How do I do that?

And another RSS-link for people (with login) who does have access to all blog posts. They should see the complete RSS-feed. Even when they are not logged in… Is this a User Role question, or not?

(We have not launched our site yet so I can´t test this.)

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, Content View Restriction is applied to to the feeds. If a post is allowed for the role, visitor without that role will not see such post as at the ordinal posts list and at the feed.

Upcoming version of URE Pro includes ‘No role for this site’ option at the roles list for the “Content View Restriction” section. It will be useful for your purpose to show separate posts list for the not logged-in users.
    Development version is available for download after login from the same
    download page:
    https://www.role-editor.com/download-plugin/

They should see the complete RSS-feed. Even when they are not logged in…

I’m afraid that it’s difficult to differentiate who from not logged in visitors have permission to see a post, and who does not have such permission. User should login to your site to get needed content.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.