Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    summerfeeling
    Participant

Hello,

do i have the possibility to deny the user access to the user profile?

Many greetings

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can block ‘Profile’ menu item for this role using “Admin menu access” add-on.

summerfeeling
    Participant

One thing in advance: I love your support. Always friendly, fast and reliable. <3
    I think we misunderstood each other. 😉
    In principle, I want to avoid that the user can call profile.php. This access should be denied. (:

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks for the good feedback.

When you block admin menu item via “Admin menu access” add-on, URE blocks direct access to the URL linked to that menu item automatically. When user tries to type such URL in a browser URE redirects him to the 1st available admin menu item.

summerfeeling
    Participant

Okay. I understand. But what I don’t understand: Why don’t I see the profile here like on your example or instruction link?

Screenshot
    Admin menu access

Vladimir
    Keymaster

s2member roles are usually used for membership and granted as the secondary roles. Right?
    Restrict admin menu for the primary role of this user or grant ‘read’ capability to this s2member role.

summerfeeling
    Participant

Due to the GDPR I had no possibility to react earlier. That worked out wonderfully. Many thanks for the great support. I learn to appreciate this plugin over and over again, because it is really well thought out. And a plugin is beside its functions only as good as the support. (:

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thank you.

summerfeeling
    Participant

Please excuse me if I have to ask again: But when I activate the “admin menu access”, the “activate visual builder” disappears in the admin bar. I’ve been experimenting with space for a long time now to narrow that down. In the end, I found out that this is actually due to this function. How can I change this without having to do without the “admin menu access”?

When the admin menu access is disabled:
    Screenshot

If the admin menu access is activated:
    Screenshot

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Is it possible to look on your site with admin privileges? If ‘Yes’ send login credentials to support [at-sign] role-editor.com

summerfeeling
    Participant

Done. Thank you. (:

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I did not receive the email from you.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Discard previous message. I found yours at a SPAM box.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I logged-in at your site, ‘Admin menu access’ add-on is active (checkbox is turned ON at Settings->User Role Editor). I switched to user levent and see “Visuellen Builder aktivieren” menu item at the top.

Please clarify, how to repeat the issue.

summerfeeling
    Participant

Hello, Vladimir,

thank you very much for your efforts. This was because no “admin menu access” rights were assigned to the User Levent. If you try again now, you will be able to reconstruct this phenomenon. 😉

Many greetings,
    Levent

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.