Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ default user role section not showing in wp settings

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    erdcck
    Participant

Hi

when I deactivated “user role pro plugin”, default user role section not showing in wp settings page, I’m using wp multisite

Also I deleted plugin but “default user role section” still not showing.

how can I fix it.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

It does not depend from the presence of User Role Editor Pro. WordPress itself decide where to show UI to change default role for a new user.

For WordPress multisite:
    Go to “Network ADmin -> My Sites” –> “Network Admin” –> “Sites” –> “All Sites” and select “Edit” on the site that you want to set the default role for, then click “Settings”. Scroll down and you should see “Default Role”. Set the role to ‘subscriber’(whatever you want) and save.

aakraak
    Participant

I want to now what a default subscriber sees. How can I see this?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

To @aakraak:

Grant subscriber role to some user and login as that user or switch to it using “User Switching plugin.

aakraak
    Participant

The problem is not switching. Where can I find the default rights for a subscriber? I accidentally changed the default settings to this role

mccyscj
    Participant

Default subscriber role can: level_0, read

When you create new role with URE it creates role with exactly these user capabilities.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.