Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Customize is blocked but still has access

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MissWebsite
    Participant

I have blocked access to
    Appearance – Themes
    Appearance – Customize
    Appearance – Widgets

edit- Dashboard is unchecked (disabled)
    They can view it, that is great.

The problem is if they go to screen options, they can choose to see the Welcome section. Once this happens, they have access to Customize and a bunch of other options – like change your theme completely, widgets and so on.

It seems these options should not be allowed if they manually type in the link as well.

Thank you for looking.
    Carolyn

MissWebsite
    Participant

I re-read my post and dont think I was clear. Let me try again.

If you go to the Dashboard, then choose Screen Options, then click Welcome, you then get access to everything that is denied such as Customize, Widgets, and so on.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Carolyn,

I confirm this issue. Thanks for letting me know. I will fix it: block that button and check why ‘Customize’ URL was not blocked.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Carolyn,

The issue with blocking direct access to the customize.php link was fixed with version 4.18.3. Please update and test.

MissWebsite
    Participant

Hi Vladmir, I tested several different configurations and they all worked perfect! I even tried the direct links and they did not work. Perfect! Thank you so much! Carolyn

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Carolyn,

Thanks for the feedback.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.