Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Give user access to plugin – how to Custom User Role Admin Menu Permission can't access to second layer

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dandy
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for providing such useful plugin for us and I already bought and using your Pro version for 2 years.

I just met an issue about Admin Menu Permission thing. I created a new custom Role and granted him Admin Menu, such as Users. I did grant capabilities like “Create User, Edit User, Delete User” etc. as well. But, when I want to edit user, which is supposed to be directed to the detailed user profile page, for somehow, it will be redirected to the wp-admin/index.php. Looks like lacking certain capabilities which will prevent this User Role to check the second layer of Admin Menu.

I’m wondering whether it’s a bug or just I need to grant another capabilities?

Thank you very much.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Do you use “Block not selected” option at “Admin menu” for this role? Can you show a full screenshot of “Admin menu” settings?

Does any menu item with a link started from ‘user-edit.php’ exist at your not restricted admin menu?

If ‘Edit’ link differs from one existed at admin menu by URL arguments, then URE can redirect user from such URL as from prohibited one (count it as not selected).

Dandy
    Participant

Hi, Vladimir

Thanks for your reply.

I did use “Block not selected” so I changed to “Block selected”. Now the issue is solved perfectly and thank you so much for your help.

Hope you have a good day!

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks for letting me know.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.