Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Custom Roles missing in new Multisite sub-sites

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    basemaly
    Participant

We’ve been happily using URE Pro for several years. But recently I noticed that when we create a new sub-site in our Multisite Network, none of the custom roles we defined in the top site or at the network-level are propagating to new sites. We created several roles (student, staff, faculty, etc.), but when I log out and log back in, all users are set with a role of “none” and only the default roles are listed under the URE settings.

We have URE Pro activated a the network level, so when I click the “udpate network” button, our custom roles do propogate. However we previously didn’t need to do that since previously all new sites inherited our custom roles. I believe this issue happened when we last updated the URE Pro plugin. Any help or advice you can offer would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback and issue report.

I can not repeat with the latest version. I just added a new site (Network Admin -> Sites -> Add New) at my test WordPress multisite installation and got there a full list of roles (including custom) at a new created subsite.

Try again at a development copy of your site with all other plugins deactivated. May be some conflict takes place. Let me know a result.

basemaly
    Participant

OK thank you. I’ll try deactivating my other plugins and trying it on a Dev server. Is there anywhere I can download a previous version of URE Pro?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I don’t support a public resource with older versions. What exact version do you need? I will send it to you.

basemaly
    Participant

I wanted to rule out the possibility that it was the last update. We’re currently running URE Pro v. 4.32.1. Can you please send me version 4.0 to try? Thanks.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I sent a version 4.30 to your email. Let me know if you discover any changes critical for you.

basemaly
    Participant

Thank you, I got it and tried it out. It turns out the problem was a conflict with a different plugin, Multisite Auditor. Your excellent plugin works great, as always. Thanks again for your quick and thorough reply.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.