Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    xtopher
    Participant

I would a user to be able to see all custom fields created. Currently, the dropdown is empty for Authors and Contributors. It is full for Editors and Admins. I can’t seem to find the right setting.

xtopher
    Participant

For further clarification, I would like to create a new post and have existing custom fields, which may have been created by another user appear in the dropdown for add custom field.

Further, I am also trying to *hide* the existing posts created by other users from showing up in the post panel/admin.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Custom fields created by different authors are available between those users by default. If you have more than 30 custom fields list may be limited by 30 items by default. There may be fields with special protection, which will be unavailable for the ordinal users without special permissions. Read this post for more details.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

It’s possible to show for a user just his own posts at wp-admin. Use for that “Own data only” option, presented by “Edit posts/pages restrictions” add-on.

xtopher
    Participant

I’m seeing an interesting issue. The fields don’t show at first, but when I reload the add post (empty post page) the drop downs for all the custom fields display.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

May be it is a some issue with caching plugin, if you use one?

xtopher
    Participant

I confirmed it isn’t a caching issue. The feature works as expected on two other roles (Editor and Admin) that aren’t restricted. The fields can take a few refreshes before they show up, so it’s an inconsistent experience. Any other things to check or other types of caching to test or disable?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Describe what restrictions are applied for a role which have an issue with custom fields.

xtopher
    Participant

Posts edit: Own Data Only

For both contributor and author these are what elements are checked:

create posts
    delete attachments
    delete posts
    edit attachments
    edit dashboard
    edit posts
    ef view calendar
    ef view story budget
    read
    read others attachments
    upload files
    Wpcf custom field edit
    Wpcf custom field edit others
    Wpcf custom field view
    Wpcf custom taxonomy edit
    Wpcf custom taxonomy edit others
    Wpcf custom taxonomy view
    Wpcf user meta field edit
    Wpcf user meta field edit others
    Wpcf user meta field view

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks for the clarification. I repeated the described issue. I will investigate it and work on a fix.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Please try a beta version 4.49.2.b1. It is available from the same downloads page after login and includes a fix of the “empty custom fields list” issue.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.