Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Custom Content Type (CCT) by JetEngine, user not possible to edit

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    manuel.lusti
    Participant

I created a custom content type with JetEngine. In order to edit or create this cutom content type you need to have the right “Manage Options”. I created a new user role. This user role has this option enabled. But unfortunately i’m not able to edit or create a new contet/post of this custom content type. Even if all user restrictions are enabled. As soon as I deactivate UserRoleEditor in the plugins, it works. Anyone a idea?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Do you have turned ON the “Activate “Create” capability for posts/pages/custom post types” option? If Yes, will user can edit CPT if you turn it OFF? If JetEngine allows to define unique capability type for CPT, try to make it via JE, not change on the fly using URE. Just wish to know, if it will work?

manuel.lusti
    Participant

There is no problem with the CPT, this works just fine. The problem is, the user is not able to edit or create a CCT (CustomContentType) thats created with JetEngine. The user-role has every available option on. I can list the custom content type (CCT). If I give the CCT a unique capability type in JetEngine settings, the capability seems to work but the problem exists still. I’m not able to edit or create a custom content type.

manuel.lusti
    Participant

Any ideas why i’m getting redirected to the dashboard everytime?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks for the key details for your question: “redirected to the dashboard everytime”.

That is you can click “Add New” to create new post or click ‘Edit’ to edit existing post, but instead of post editor page you see WP dashboard, right?

If Yes, do you use “Admin menu access/blocking” add-on from URE Pro? If Yes, and you use block “Not selected” model for a role, try to revert it to “Selected” or read carefully this part of the documentation article:

manuel.lusti
    Participant

Thanks for your response and sorry for forgetting to mention the redirect part. Indeed it was the access/blocking part of the admin menu. Thank you very much!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.