Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Content restrictions with shortcodes

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    thune
    Participant

Restrict content with shortcodes doesn’t seem to work anymore with WordPress 5.2.4 and User Role Editor 4.52.

Min konto

Regards
    Øystein

thune
    Participant

The “Min konto” url shows that the shortcodes now is visible for all users (not just admin)

Vladimir
    Keymaster

My test shows that your issue probably is not related to the mentioned versions of WP and URE. Shortcodes just work.
    Do you use shortcode with Classic Editor or under Gutenberg? Re-check if some auto-conversion is not took place and ‘[‘ or ‘”‘ symbols were not replaced with come HTML entities, etc.

thune
    Participant

Thanks. I have upgraded to WordPress 5 with gutenberg block-editor. But that’s a while ago. I use the shortcode blocks. It’s a multisite, but I have tried to activate the User Role plugin both in network and local. Even changed the template.

As you can see in admin. Shortcodes work (the Woocommerce shortcode).

https://satema.no/min-konto.png

Hm…I have to think some more. Maybe I have to deactivate all the other plugins.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Let me know the result of your investigation. I’m ready to take part in case of any trouble.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Just successfully retested [user_role_editor] shortcode with Gutenberg shortcode block. It works at my test environment. Let’s find a reason why it stopped work for you. Yes, try to deactivate all other plugins and make another test.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I looked at screenshot again. Clarify, do you use 2 different Guttenberg shortcode blocks: one to start [user_role_editor] shortcode and the 2nd to close it [/user_role_editor]?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

We have to use a single shortcode block and insert all shortcode content to it, like at the image below:
    user role editor shortcode at Gutenberg block

thune
    Participant

Thanks, Vladimir. I have tried this too, but it still doesn’t work. I am testing different things here now. But I’m running out of options to test 🙂

thune
    Participant

Can I revert back to an older version?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Yes, you can, just deactivate plugin, replace files, activate plugin back.

Btw., did you check if shortcode option is active at URE Settings?
    If plugin was activated locally at this subsite, then you have to check this subsite Settings, not at the network admin.

thune
    Participant

That solved it. I don’t know why this was deactivated. Maybe it happened during the last update.

Thanks for the help!

Regards
    Øystein

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.