Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Can't install User Role Editor Pro…. Server error

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    antfklim
    Spectator

Hi,
    Just purchased the Pro plugin and tried installing it. The error message is

‘The file you are uploading was rejected by the server.
    It probably contents viruses or trojans that can damage your website

Do not attempt to upload it again as your IP address may be blocked.’

Please assist.

Thank you.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Just compared a .zip I got from a Web with my own local copy. It’s identical and so – clear.
    I suppose some kind of a “false positive’ from your hosting antivirus software.

Share your copy of user-role-editor-pro.zip with me via DropBox or similar service. I will compare it with mine own. Just in order to exclude that it caught a virus on path from you to your server.

antfklim
    Spectator

Hi Vladimir,

Here is the file

[link-is-hidden]

Thank you.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

.zip file you provided is not exactly a file, which you can get from a download page after login.
    WordPress plugin installation .zip file should not contain any other directories except plugin parent directory – user-role-editor-pro in our case. Your file contains _MACOSX folder. May be it’s a reason of security warning?

Did you try to upload to a site the exactly that .zip file, which you got from a role-editor.com download page?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

_MACOSX folder contains hidden files with the same names as at the original package, but with the content made probably by antivirus software with this string inside: “com.apple.quarantine”. That is all PHP files was placed to a quarantine for some reason.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.