Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Can't edit existing posts as set user

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    [email protected]
    Participant

I created a copy from the ‘admin’ user role , and set the new user role called (Jeroen) with different permissions. However the new user role (Jeroen) can’t edit existing posts, but the option is selected in the plugin…

The normal ‘admin’ user role can edit existing posts… where is it going wrong?

Hope you can help me out!

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Are edit_published_posts, edit_others_posts granted to this role?

[email protected]
    Participant

Yes, every option is given to the set user. He should be able to edit published or others posts. However it doesn’t work, for some reason.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Some plugin may prevent posts editing. Try to deactivate all plugins and re-test. Then activate plugins back one by one to isolate a conflict.

[email protected]
    Participant

So it seems that the conflict is inside the user role editor pro plugin. Once deactivated all plugins. And reactivated your plugin. The issue comes back. Where does this come from?

How can I give you access to the back-end so you can look into this?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Try to turn of the “Activate user access management to editing selected posts, pages, custom post types” checkbox at the “Settings->User Role Editor->Additional->Modules” page under “Content editing restrictions”. If that will resolve the issue, you have additional restrictions for this user or his role(s).

In case you need that I look on the issue at your site you can send URL and admin credentials to support [at-sign] role-editor.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.