Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Infiniaire
    Participant

Hello Vladimir,
    I have the latest version of User Role Editor PRO.
    1. At present the website is in coming soon mode. I was trying to give some developers access to some portions of the backend of the website, but when logging in, it seems to be going to the woocommerce account area of the 2nd language of our website. We have WPML latest version too installed.

2. We do not have multi-site enabled at present; but our test website is in a sub-domain. Would User role editor work there too? I tried adding a user in the test domain, but the user doesn’t seem to get registered there at all.

Could you help me understand better, as to how I can solve these issues?

Regards

Infiniaire
    Participant

Well, I noticed that users can be registered, only provided they are given administrator role at first while making the new user ( in case of the test website in sub domain). That registers the user. Than you can change the role. But, when you log in to the website backend, it doesn’t take you to the dashboard, but to the woocommerce account page. Only individuals with administrator role, go to the backend dashboard.
    Vladimir, could you please check on it and let me know what I can do.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

In short, WooCommerce redirects to front-end any user without edit_posts capability.
    This post will give more details on the problem and workaround for it:

WooCommerce admin bar and dashboard access

Infiniaire
    Participant

Thank you … One issue is solved.
    Though, I noticed that, when another role member is inside the wordpress site back end, there is no logout option available there …. they can only log out through the front end of the website – the woocommerce account option logout.
    Is there any way to solve this issue?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Is top menu bar available for such user at the back-end?

Infiniaire
    Participant

Yes, the top menu bar is there … and the “Howdy” greeting is also there … only Logout option is not available.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

You have to understand what plugin removes ‘Logout’ menu. Did you set “Admin menu” restrictions for that role? What will be with ‘Logout’ if you deactivate URE’s “Admin menu” add-on?

If URE is not a source of a problem, try to deactivate plugins one by one to isolate it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.