Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Give user access to plugin – how to Block user access to PressApps Knowledge Base plugin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lucianpascu
    Participant

Hi. I have this plugin installed and I am trying to block access to it.

It seems the Admin Role shows the capability of this plugin – PressApps Knowledge Base – but even if I add it to one of my roles, I can’t block it.

I also tried to make a copy of the Admin Role but the copy doesn’t show up that capability and thus, I can’t block access to it.

How can I block access to the PresApps Knowledge Base plugin?

Thank you

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

“PressApps” menu is available to the role, but it’s not shown by “Admin menu” window, right?
    It seems this plugin addes ‘pa_non_existent_capability’ programmatically, on the fly and uses some tricks with it (possibly filters), instead of adding it to the role directly.

You may send a copy of ‘PressApps Knowledge Base’ plugin to support email. I will investigate how to make its menu available for “Admin menu access’ module.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

A workaround is to add user capability ‘pa-non-existent-capability’ to the roles with ‘manage_options’ capability. ‘PressApps’ menu will be available for blocking in the “Admin Menu” for those roles after that.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Yes, I tried PressApps plugin. Look this demo video and let me know what you do in a different way.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.