Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Big problems with user rights

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ariane1001
    Spectator

Hi,
    Recently I installed WPML and now rights are strange. Is your plugin compatible with WPML?

The editor suddenly has only few rights left… How can I reset this?

Also I have a problem with a user not able to edit content blocks in the second language. It is happening with https://nl.wordpress.org/plugins/custom-post-widget/
    User can edit NL version, but not the EN version, it is visible just not clickable.
    Administrators can.

Hopefully you can help!

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, URE is compatible with WPML. There is no need to grant to a user any WPML user capability until user don’t need access to some WPML menu item or page.

WPML has own permissions module. User should be included into translators list for the specific language at WPML, before he will see an ‘edit’ link for that language.
    You can deactivate URE Pro and re-check. I mean that it could be WPML related issue, not User Role Editor Pro.

ariane1001
    Spectator

Hi Vladimir,

I managed to get it al working by tweaking both permissions in WPML and URE but you must know that default permissions for the WordPress editor where changed by having both WPML and URE active. When I turned of URE all editor permissions where default like add new post etc. When I reactivated URE some permissions disappeared. I added them now manually but I think it needs some attention.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for letting me know that the issue was resolved.

Did you turn ON ‘Activate “Create” capability for posts/pages/custom post types’ option at URE Settings? Yes, in this case we have to grant ‘create_posts’, ‘create_pages’ capability to the roles, including ‘editor’ manually.

obaillet
    Participant

Hi,
    I have the same problem.
    When my user default language is in french everything is ok and when I update my default wordpress user language from French to Italian I loose some functionality that I have in french edit delete etc.
    Can you explain how you resolve your problem ? Can you help me ?
    I have both URE & WMPL installed.
    Best regards,
    Olivier

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Olivier,

Look at WPML documentation or ask their support how to set permission at WPML itself for other language for translators? May be you need to add a user to the translators list also.

As I mentioned earlier, if ‘Activate “Create” capability for posts/pages/custom post types’ option at URE Settings is turned ON, role requires “create_posts” capability in order to see “Posts->Add new” menu item. The same is true for other post types.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.