Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    albiurs
    Participant

Hi,

After the first install, I did not realize that the plugin has to be updated manually. So I missed all upgrades for quite a long time. All other commercial plugins I am using have an automatic update function, so they appear in the WordPress update section and can be updated by just a click on a button. I would really like to encourage you to implement the Auto-Updates for the following reasons:
    – Manual updates become very, very time consuming for the administrators. Especially if dozens of themes and plugins have to get updated on a regular basis at a huge amount of websites.
    – Administrators get immediate feedback of an available plugin update. This is crucial! So the plugin gets quickly updated and fixed. This might be especially important if a fix is released due to a security issue.

I hope so much, this can be released, as I really love the User Role Editor Pro! Thanks for this great plugin!

Vladimir
    Keymaster
    albiurs
    Participant

Hi,

That’s great news! 🙂 So, I’m wondering why the updates did never show up. Is the auto-update also working in a network installation?
    Any ideas?

Thanks!

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Yes, it works for the WordPress multisite. If plugin is network activated auto update information is available at the “Network Admin” dashboard only.

You may test that easy – change version number at user-role-editor-pro.php file header to the lower one and look.

albiurs
    Participant

I’m currently running the plugin version 4.21.1, which I updated manually yesterday after over half a year, as I did not notice it before, due to not getting the update notification. As the current latest version is 4.23.2 and I’m on 4.21.1, I expect, it should show up in the update section. However, unfortunately the update does not show up. I’d really appreciate, if you had any suggestion to resolve this issue.
    Thanks in advance!

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Where did you get information that the current version is 4.23.2? It’s a number of current free version at wordpress.org plugins repository? Free and Pro version numbers don’t match sometime. I added a ‘core version’ information into the Pro version changes list for this reason.

According to the Download page (you should login 1st) the current Pro version is 4.21.1. I just plan to publish Pro version 4.23 (with core (free) version 4.23.2 included) after fixing some minor issues recently discovered during tests.

If you don’t wish to experiment with manual version change at the user-role-editor-pro.php file, please wait a little until I publish Pro version 4.23 and let’s return to the subject then.

albiurs
    Participant

Hi Vladimir

Sorry, that was my fault. I did not read carefully and read below at the changes list where the version number is 4.23.2. So, I changed the version number as you suggested above to a lower value. Great, it actually shows up correctly now in the WP updates 🙂 ! So, I’m really happy and looking forward to get informed about the next upcoming update. However, I’m still somehow confused, that I was stuck for over a year with the version 4.17, which was the first purchased version I installed in November 2014, without getting the update notification of any new releases. Anyway, it’s all fine now and that’s the important point 🙂 !

Thank you very much for your support and have a nice Sunday!

Best wishes,
    Urs

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Urs,

Version 4.23 is published. Please check your Plugins page and Update center if the information about this update is available.

albiurs
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

Yes, the new version of the plugin is available and now showing up correctly in the update section.

Thank you very much!

Best wishes,
    Urs

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.