Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Author Role can no longer see their uploaded media

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ryanolton
    Participant

Hello, after recently updating WordPress and the pro version of the URE plugin to the latest versions, users with the “Author” role can no longer see uploaded media (they can upload files and it’s shown when the post is published but their media library remains blank).

This did not happen in the previous version. Any idea how to fix it?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Is user restricted with ‘edit post/page restrictions‘ add-on?
    If Yes, show(via external URL) or send to email the screenshot with edit restrictions settings for this user and/or his role.

ryanolton
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback. Emailed the screenshots and some additional info. I have an author role and an Author Admin role (so one author can edit the posts of specific other authors). All of that is set via the content restriction options in the URE Pro plugin.

I also have some code to limit the media to only the user uploads OR the users the author admin can edit (switching this code off doesn’t make a difference).

In the latest version of the URE Plugin, the media library is blank for the author admins. If I downgrade the plugin to 4.7 via ftp, everything works and the media is shown.

P.S. My Author Admin role is a copy of the Author role with “edit_others_posts” as the only additional option.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks for the additional information. I can not repeat the issue with similar settings.

FYI, I rewrote some part of edit restrictions add-on to fix the discovered issue with cache. Just in case it would be involved you can test the 4.59.2.b1. It’s available after login from the “Download” page.

If that will not help and if this applicable, you can send to my email the site URL and admin credentials. I will make a copy of your files (themes, plugins) and data and test them locally with debugger to catch what is going wrong.

ryanolton
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback Vladimir. I’ll download that version and do some testing. Will let you know how it goes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.