Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ihealthspot
    Participant

Hello,
    I created a custom user role for our clients but apparently, it has removed access to the Live Editor. When they are logged in and go to view a page, they click LOVE EDITOR at the top admin bar, but instead of loading the Live Editor, it takes them to the regular Edit Page page. How can this be fixed to allow the Live Editor to be used? Thanks!!

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

What is a ‘Live Editor’? What plugin or theme provides this functionality? I need access to it in order to check what permissions it requires.

ihealthspot
    Participant

Hello!

Live Editor is built into SiteOrigin.

Live Editor

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I installed “Page Builder by SiteOrigin” plugin. I don’t see “Live Editor” menu item at the top admin menu bar even as admin. Show me a screenshot where it should be. Or do you write about “Live Editor” button located at the general toolbar together with “Add widget”, “Add row”, “Layouts” buttons?

Look at a browser JavaScript console also. Are there any error messages before and after click “Live Editor” button at top admin menu bar?

ihealthspot
    Participant

When you are on any page of the site, once logged in as an admin, you should see this button at the top. Please see a screenshot here:

https://drive.google.com/a/ihealthspot.com/file/d/1f0YcRThvEmsd3Wlle68FRUSRZo-dlylB/view?usp=sharing

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks for the clarification. Did you restrict this role with “Admin menu”?
    Will ‘Live Edit’ link work normally if you deactivate “Admin menu access” add-on?

ihealthspot
    Participant

Hello,
    I disabled Admin Menu addon and the issue is still not resolved.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

I can not repeat an issue and thus – isolate a reason. What will be if you deactivate User Role Editor Pro at all?

Look at a browser JavaScript console also. Are there any error messages before and after click “Live Editor” link at top admin menu bar?

Does ‘Live Editor’ toolbar button work if a user with custom role will click it from the regular edit page?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.