User Role Editor Pro version 4.9 is available for download.
The list of updates includes:
- New tab “Default Roles” was added to the User Role Editor settings page. It is possible to select multiple default roles to assign them automatically to the new registered user.
- CSS and dialog windows layout various enhancements.
- ‘members_get_capabilities’ filter was applied to provide better compatibility with themes and plugins which may use it to add its own user capabilities.
- Option was added to download jQuery UI CSS from the jQuery CDN.
- Bug was fixed: Plugins activation assess restriction section was not shown for selected user under multi-site environment.
Using “Default Roles” tab at “User Role Editor” “Settings” page you may select multiple roles roles which WordPress will assign to every new registered user.
Input control to change primary default role is available here for the single site WordPress installations only. Under multi-site you need to change primary default role on per site basis. Please be aware as default roles selection is the only for all network, selected roles should exist at the subsite in order new user get them from WordPress by default.
By default User Role Editor load jQuery UI CSS (including images) from its own local copy. Users of Pro version have the option to get these file from the jQuery CDN. Just activate “Download jQuery UI CSS from jQuery CDN” option as on the image below
and plugin will take jQuery UI CSS from this URL
Someone may say, that WordPress include jQuery UI code and CSS already. The reason is that WordPress includes not the full copy of needed styles and images.