User Role Editor Pro version 4.45 was published at May 7th, 2018. It includes the bug fixes, enhancements and new features.
Core version: 4.41
- New: WordPress Multisite: it’s possbile to automatically copy selected add-ons data from the main site to the new created subsite.
Use custom filter ure_addons_to_copy_for_new_blog to build list of add-on, which data URE should copy.
- Update: Admin menu access add-on:
– menu item title was shown empty at “Admin menu” window, if it began from ‘<span’ HTML tag;
– blocked menu item was not removed automatically if its submenu had the only item with the same link. It was possible in case menu item used another user capability then related submenu item.
- Update: Content view restrictions add-on:
– when you leave ‘Redirect to:’ parameter empty user is redirected to the login page and back to the initial URL after the successful login.
- Update: Gravity Forms access add-on:
– Function GFFormsModel::get_lead_table_name() call was replaced with GFFormsModel::get_entry_table_name() to provide compatibility with Gravity Forms v. 2.3+.
– Gravity forms entry_detail page was added to the list of pages for which URE should control the list of available Gravity Forms.
- Fix: Posts/Pages edit restrictions add-on:
– infinite recursion was possible in some cases for ‘pre_get_posts’ action in posts-edit-access.php.
– “Fatal error: Call to undefined method URE_Content_View_Restrictions::is_page_template_resticted_for_role() in content-view-restrictions.php on line 581” was fixed.
- Core version was updated to 4.41:
- New: URE changes currently selected role via AJAX request, without full page refresh.
- Update: All WPBakery Visual Composer plugin custom user capabilities (started from ‘vc_access_rules_’) were excluded from processing by User Role Editor. Visual Composer loses settings made via its own “Role Manager” after the role update by User Role Editor in other case. The reason – Visual Composer stores not boolean values with user capabilities granted to the roles via own “Role Manager”. User Role Editor converted them to related boolean values during role(s) update.