User Role Editor Pro version 4.27 was published at July, 26th, 2016. This release includes the latest core (v. 4.26.4) of User Role Editor with user capabilities grouped by functionality/purpose. Full list of changes follows.
- New: User capabilities are grouped by purpose/functionality for more convenience:
Click on the group to leave on page just capabilities included into that group. To select/unselect all capabilities from the current group use checkbox control at the top of the capabilities column. Click with “Shift” button will reverse the current selection.
- New: Content view restrictions shortcode allows to use ‘except_role’ attribute – to show content inside shortcode to all users except users with roles included into ‘except_role’ attribute. So if you don’t wish to show some text to the ‘subscriber’ role and other not logged-in visitor use this shortcode:
[user_role_editor except_role=”subscriber, none”]some text to hide from subscribers[/user_role_editor]
- Update: URE_Ajax_Processor class allows to diffirentiate required user permissions according to action submitted by user.
- Update: Admin menu access module:
– Filter ‘ure_admin_menu_access_allowed_args’ was added. Use it to register URL parameters in order URE does not block the links inside allowed pages.It happens generally when you use ‘block not selected’ model.
– Admin menu copy creation was optimized. It’s executed now just after any plugin activation and when URE’s page is opened.
- Update: Widgets Show Access add-on: It’s enough to have ‘ure_widgets_show_access’ capability now to get access to this add-on functionality.
- Fix: Admin menu access module:
– Menu links were calculated incorrectly for some plugins (generally with page=admin.php inside). It’s recommended to re-check your admin menu restrictions settings after this update.
– Sorting (by category, etc.) inside allowed posts/pages list page may lead to the redirection to the admin dashboard.
– Added support for “Download Monitor”, “Unite Gallery”, “WPML” plugins additional URL parameters.
- Fix: Content View Restrictions module:
– Conflict was resolved with WPML plugin. It adds ‘p’ parameter to the queries for a single post.Titles of restricted posts were viewable for that reason.
- Fix: Edit posts/pages restrictions add-on: It did not allowed to edit the attachments for ‘Own data only’ option or authors ID list.