User Role Editor Pro version 4.17 was published October, 3rd, 2014. This release includes:
- “Other roles access” additional module was added. It allows to define which other roles user with current role may see at WordPress: dropdown menus, e.g assign role to user editing user profile, etc.
- Correspondent front-end admin menu bar items are blocked according to settings of “Admin menu blocking” add-on.
- Edit access restrictions add-on: Bulk actions helper was added. It is possible to select posts from the posts list and allow/prohibit access for editing them to the group of users. Go to the “Posts/Pages”, select bulk action “Edit Access” and click “Apply”.
- uninstall.php was updated to delete data of “Widgets access”, “Other roles access” add-ons.
- Multisite: – case when URE was not network activated: It is possible to use own settings for single site activated instances of User Role Editor. It used the only version of settings values from the main blog earlier.
Edit access restrictions: Bulk actions helper
It is possible to select posts from the posts list and allow/prohibit access for editing them to the group of users. Go to the “Posts/Pages”, select bulk action “Edit Access” and click “Apply”.
More about access restrictions to posts/pages editor.
Important – in order to have ability to setup updates automatically URE should be activated for the main blog of the network.
Some critical options were hidden from the “Multisite” tab for single site administrators. Single site admin should not have access to the options which purpose is to restrict him.
Attention! In case you decide to allow single site administrator activate/deactivate User Role Editor himself, setup this PHP constant at the wp-config.php file:
Otherwise single site admin will not see User Role Editor in the plugins list after its activation. User Role Editor hides itself under multisite from all users except superadmin by default.