Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Give user access to plugin – how to Role unable to view Event Calendar Ticket Plus Attendees

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    bkozlowski
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve created a new role “Event Manager” and given them all of the permissions and capabilities that ECP lists here:

https://support.theeventscalendar.com/704754-Admin-roles-and-permissions

However, when my Event Manger tries to view the “attendees” they are redirected to the dashboard.

I found this URE forum post and tried adding the snippet linked with no luck.

Edit restriction capabilities with USR not working with The Event Calendar Pro

ure_restrict_edit_post_type

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi, do you use “Admin menu access” add-on for this role?
    If Yes, try to switch it Off temporally. Will it resolve a problem?

bkozlowski
    Participant

Yes, when I deselect “Activate Administrator Menu Access module” the role is able to view the attendee list.

Next steps?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Read carefully the “Technical Details” part of the “Admin menu access” documentation page. It contains an explanation and possible workaround for this problem.

bkozlowski
    Participant

Is there anyway to reset the admin menu to the defaults? Anywhere to view the defaults for “Editor”?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Go to Users->User Role Editor, select ‘Editor’ role, click ‘Admin Menu’.
    Click: “Selected” at the top of the window and switch OFF all checkboxes to the left from the menu items. You may use top checkbox (to the left from “Menu” word” to turn ON/OFF all checkboxes at once. Click ‘Update’ to save changes.

When nothing is selected, nothing is blocked.

bkozlowski
    Participant

Ok, I selected all available options in admin menu and removed all capabilities that were not on the following list of “Editor” capabilities from the WordPress docs.

However, now my editor role is redirecting to the homepage. eek!?

delete_others_pages
    delete_others_posts
    delete_pages
    delete_posts
    delete_private_pages
    delete_private_posts
    delete_published_pages
    delete_published_posts
    edit_others_pages
    edit_others_posts
    edit_pages
    edit_posts
    edit_private_pages
    edit_private_posts
    edit_published_pages
    edit_published_posts
    manage_categories
    manage_links
    moderate_comments
    publish_pages
    publish_posts
    read
    read_private_pages
    read_private_posts
    unfiltered_html
    upload_files

bkozlowski
    Participant

Ok, just saw that you wrote “Not selected”. All good now 🙂

bkozlowski
    Participant

I’m just going to throw this out there, but having a user with multiple roles is not very intuitive. I’ve been using WordPress for a very long time and am now on something like hour 8 of trying to figure out how to give our Store Manager/Event Manager proper access.

I should be able to create a role “Event Manager” and be able to have that roles menu visibility independent of other roles logic.

Instead of “Block” selected/unselected there should also be an option to “Show” selected.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

WordPress shows admin menu items on the base of capabilities granted to a role or directly to a user. You should work with capabilities 1st to show/hide admin menu.

Often we meet a situation when we need to hide from user some part of admin menu, but they use the same capability, like ‘manage_options’. For example, you have 2 plugins which create menus A and B protected by the same capability manage_options. You wish to show for a role menu A, but not show menu B. You can not revoke ‘manage_options’ from a role, as it will lose access to menu A too. In this case and only in this case you may use admin menu blocking feature from URE Pro. URE Pro works on the base of WordPress permissions system and does not try to replace it.

bkozlowski
    Participant

Do you have any recommendations for someone that can get us setup in the way we would like?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Send admin credentials to support [at-sign] role-editor.com
    I will look how to make needed settings.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.