Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Edit restriction capabilities with USR not working with The Event Calendar Pro

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    cite_admin
    Participant

We are using The Event Calendar Pro plugin to sell tickets to events. When a user logs in with edit capabilities, they can view a list of attendees who have registered for an event. I can use User Role Editor to customize the dashboard so that a user can only view or edit events. However, when I attempt to restrict a user’s edit capabilities to a particular event, the ability to view attendee information disappears. Furthermore, if a user who has restricted edit rights to an event attempts to edit that event, the attendee list vanishes and is not recoverable – at least that I have been able to find.

To be clear, if I do not have a user level restriction to edit an event, there is no problem. They can view all events and information without any problem. It’s only when I activate URE post specific edit restrictions that there is a problem. So, there is something that happens when activating URE user post edit restrictions that is affecting these event post types.

Have you come across this type of issue before? Is there a solution?

Thanks!

Steven

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Steven,

URE applies edit restrictions to all existing custom post type even if you input to a user profile just ID of event. If Event Calendar Pro (ECP) uses custom post type to store attendees, I may suppose that URE applies edit restrictions to it. And once user can not edit attendees, he does not see them. If my assumption is correct post type exclusion filter may help you.

To give more exact conclusion I need access to ECP plugin copy.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.