Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    [email protected]
    Participant

Since I have updated the plugin to 4.17 the logout in the upper right corner of the dashboard has disappeared for other users besides the primary admin.

Where it usually says “howdy, username”

[email protected]
    Participant

I deactivated the plugin to confirm it was this plugin causing the problem. It is.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I can not reproduce it. Topbar menu “howdy” is always visible. It seems I need more information.
    Try to deactivate all other plugins except User Role Editor. Does issue remain? If ‘No’, what other plugin together with URE does lead to this issue?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

If issue remains with the only URE plugin active, do you use Admin menu blocking URE add-on? What will be if you deactivate this add-on turning off its check box at the ‘Additional Moduls’ tab of URE Settings?

[email protected]
    Participant

Thanks for the help. I found the issue. I have to allow the user to add_users and also activate it on their admin menu. Once I did that the “howdy, username” came back to the admin bar. Prior to the update I did not have to. Not a big deal, I can live with that 🙂 thanks!

Vladimir
    Keymaster

It is good that you found a workaround. Your situation is something special. Of course you should not give to the user an ‘add_users’ capability in order he sees ‘howdy’ menu.
    If sometime in the future you will desire to investigate this issue I’m ready to take part in it.

CutBlow76
    Spectator

Hi there I also have the same issue but do not want to allow my users to have access to ‘add users’ any help please?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

@CutBlow76: Hi,
    I can not repeat this issue. Is it possible to look on it at your site? I need administrator privileges and know what user does not have ‘logout’ menu item at admin backend.

andytc
    Spectator

I have the same issue , just purchased the plugin today.

The ‘howdy’ message is missing with no log-out option showing ?

andytc
    Spectator

I can’t get the log-out to show by any method.

Also , when this plugin is activated it stops the ‘page’ menu sub-items flyout from appearing for everyone including admin.

i.e it should show –

Pages -(on hover) >> All pages – Add new

but when activated shows only

Pages

with no flyout?

Also , how to ‘Delete’ a user role created by the plugin ? There doesn’t seem to be an option for that.

So far , i’m not impressed , i would have finished the work i had to do by now if it wasn’t for these problems. I purchased the pro version today hoping to get this done.

Can you please resolve these issues

Vladimir
    Keymaster

1) I can not repeat the logout disappear issue at my test sites. Is it possible to get admin access to your own to investigate the issue on site?
    2) I suppose that you have an option “Activate “Create Post/Page” capability” activated. After that role should have capabilities ‘create_posts’ and ‘create_pages’ turned on in order to see ‘Add new’ at Posts/Pages submenu.
    3) In order to delete role created by URE plugin this role should not be assigned to any user. After you reassign those users other role, custom created role you wish to delete will be available in the “Delete Role” dropdown list. “Delete Role” button appears when at least one role for deletion is available.

andytc
    Spectator

Hi , i have “Activate Create Post/Page” capability activated.

I’m trying to have one user role that can only edit one particular page.

I have added a new role for this and selected only that page for them , but unless i activate the capability “create pages” , they cannot edit that page only “view” it , but i dont want them to have the ability to add any pages or edit any other pages ?

can i email you a log-in with detials of the problem and what i’m trying to achieve ? it would be quicker

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I do not offer to turn of “Activate Create Post/Page”. Just turn on ‘create_posts’, ‘create_pages’ capabilities for those role you wish allow that, like ‘Administrator’, ‘Editor’ or ‘Author’.

Yes, of course. We may continue via email.

andytc
    Spectator

email sent

andytc
    Spectator

All working and problems resolved.

1st class support ! Thank you Vladimir

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.