Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    jawad
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

Yes, that is what I did. I used ‘Delete’ on plugins page. What is the proper way to upgrade to Beta?

1) The capabilities available to this user is:

https://gyazo.com/45706930fc5cfcbd560e8b0887576cda

By direct linking to the ‘edit order page’ makes it accessible for me.

3) Not a problem, please let me know once you have code, I will pay.

4) I mentioned earlier about being able to edit table columns:

Have you been able to look into this any further since?

Many Thanks,
    Jawad

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Jawad,

Proper way to manually update plugin without its data loss:
    1) deactivate it
    2) replace its files with a new version
    3) activate it back

‘manage_woocommerce’ may lead to this issue. Try to return ‘edit_orders’ capability to the role and block ‘Orders’ menu via User Role Editor. URE will hide ‘Orders’ menu item and it should block direct access by blocked URL also.

Remind me please what do you wish to achieve with those columns?

jawad
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

Oh ok, I will do this now in the future.

I am was trying something when I found this issue. Despite edit_orders being unchecked, user was still able to edit order by direct linking. I am sure what you said will fix it, but I only reported to you because I thought it is bug.

Regarding columns, you said you will look into being able to hide specific ones for users, in a similar way we are able to for Meta Boxes.

Many Thanks,
    Jawad

jawad
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

A few more things. With WordPress you are able to prevent user from creating category by unchecking ‘manage_categories’. But how do I prevent a user from creating WooCommerce Product Categories?

Also, how does the Meta Box search for available Meta Boxes? It is finding a Meta Box for a plugin which I have uninstalled a long time ago but is on the list?

Many Thanks,
    Jawad

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Jawad,

‘manage_product_terms’ capability is responsible for the product categories. Admin menu window is helpful in such cases.

WordPress does not have a global structure to remember all available meta boxes, as WP does with admin menu. Meta box becomes available when user opens a page for which meta box is created.

Currently URE remembers available meta boxes step by step when you open dashboard or post/page/CPT editor pages. It does not delete unavailable meta boxes automatically. Imagine another situation when you temporarily deactivated some plugin for the debug purpose, but URE deleted all restrictions you made for its meta boxes.

I agree that some cleanup should be possible. What if to add ‘Remove’ link to the right of every meta box in a list?

jawad
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

Yes that is good idea about ‘Remove link’ something like a ‘x’ symbol will be good for clean up.

I have ‘manage_product_terms’ capability unchecked for this user but it still allows to add product category. Please see screenshot:

https://gyazo.com/91df0ddce45fb6f4ad8478a063d2f308

Also – which capability is required for user so that they are able to select a category when uploading a product? At the moment, the user cannot select category.

Many Thanks,
    Jawad

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Jawad,

Thanks. I will add ‘x’ link to the right of every meta box to remove it.

Add ‘assigng_product_terms’ – enables to select, remove ‘edit_product_terms’ – removes ‘Add New Product category’ link.

jawad
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

Great thanks! Also thanks for the capabilities, this has worked perfectly.

I am also using this plugin: http://codecanyon.net/item/ultimate-woocommerce-brands-plugin/9433984

When creating products, similar to Product Categories, you are also able to assign ‘Brands’ custom taxonomy created by plugin. But user is not able to add currently. What capability is required for this?

Also do you have any update for hiding table columns and the tweak which allows to prevent user deleting Order Notes?

Many Thanks,
    Jawad

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Jawad,

Send brands plugin copy to support email. I will look at it.

There are no updates for those subjects yet.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Jawad,

Brands plugin uses ‘manage_categories’ capability.

jawad
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for checking. I have enabled ‘manage_categories’ capability. But when on ‘Add Product’ page, this allows for new brands to be created using the meta box, but does not allow the user to select a brand.

Can you replicate?

Many Thanks,
    Jawad

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Jawad,

Test showed that ‘edit_posts’ is required in order may select a brand for the product.

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.