Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    jawad
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

Any help with the above query?

Also – I was wondering what ‘shop_webhook’ & ‘shop_webhook_terms’ capabilities do?

Many Thanks,
    Jawad

jawad
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

Any help with the above queries please?

Many Thanks,
    Jawad

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Jawad,

‘shop_web_hook’ is a custom post type introduced by WooCommerce:
    https://docs.woothemes.com/document/webhooks/

Please remind, for what question you did not get the answer.

jawad
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for your response. I had this question earlier – as you said you were releasing a new version soon:

“I was wondering if the new version will have ‘Hide Admin Notices’ as default or not?

As if it will then I will remove code from my functions.php as there is no point having it twice.”

Many Thanks,
    Jawad

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Jawad,

Upcoming (in a couple of days I hope) 4.23.3 bug fix release will not contain this feature yet. I will include it the the 4.24.

I will include these code snippets to the Pro version 4.24 as the options (inactive by default). So you will can safely install plugin update, remove your own copy of code from functions.php and then turn on the correspondent option at the User Role Editor Settings.

jawad
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for the plugin releases fixing the Attribute bug. I have a question regarding Visual Composer. I have disabled all of it from Admin Menu and unchecked all permissions for it.

However, it still appears on the left hand menu? How can I hide Visual Composer from left hand menu?

Many Thanks,
    Jawad

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Jawad,

I confirm a problem with blocking VC menu for the users without permissions to access to it. Thanks for reporting it.
    I will develop a fix.

Regards,
    Vladimir.

jawad
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

Another direct linking issue. I am using https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-pdf-invoices-packing-slips/

And the professional version: https://wpovernight.com/downloads/woocommerce-pdf-invoices-packing-slips-professional/

Using Admin Menu I have disabled access to ‘PDF Invoices’ but users are still able to access via direct link:

/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpo_wcpdf_options_page&tab=general

On a separate issue – I have noticed that using the WordPress Toolbar, and clicking on Dashboard redirects to a 404 error page. This is because it is attempting to do this over http:// when it should be https:// – although the result is not consistent. Sometimes clicking on Dashbaord it works and redirects properly over https:// – could your plugin have anything to do with this or do you have any clue what could cause this?

Also did you manage to find a fix to VC issue?

Many Thanks,
    Jawad

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Jawad,

Development version 4.25.b3 is available for testing. You may get it after login from

Download User Role Editor

It includes some related fixes:
    – Admin menu access module: Enhanced technique of blocking links: order and quant of URL parameters does not matter.
    – Visual Composer issue is fixed too.
    I appreciate if you will test it and share your feedback.

Read this post:

HTTPS for WordPress

It may help.

jawad
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for that – is it safe to install? As in, it seems to be beta – it won’t break my site or anything?

Many Thanks,
    Jawad

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Jawad,

I still fix some minor bugs in the dev. version from time to time. So it will be better to try it 1st at the test copy of your site.

jawad
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

Sorry I haven’t got round to testing yet, I have a few bugs I’m squashing at the moment.

I have a few more queries though:-

1) It’s possible to prevent a user from emptying trash on WooCommerce Orders page?

2) Prevent a user from deleting Order Notes on Order Details page?

Many Thanks,
    Jawad

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Jawad,

Before proceed with testing of dev. version refresh it to the latest one. It’s a 4.25.b5 from 17.04.2016 currently. Some bugs may be discovered and fixed already.

1, 2 – This links are not protected directly by a special user capability. It’s enough to have top level ‘edit_shop_orders’, ‘delete_shop_orders’ capabilities to get access to these actions.
    Both actions requires some kind of hacks, javascript and/or CSS tricks to achieve what you need.

jawad
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

I have deleted the old plugin on my staging site and installed the beta. After installation though, my user roles which were setup are no longer working. I think because it does not remember my settings as ‘Admin Menu’, ‘Meta Boxes’ & ‘Other Roles’ are missing now.

1) Also, I think I may found a bug on the stable version of URE. I unchecked all of ‘edit_shop_orders’ capability and this removed ‘Orders’ from ‘WooCommerce > Orders’ but the edit Orders page was still accessible by direct linking to Order edit page.

2) What is the difference between

delete_shop_order
      delete_shop_order_terms
      delete_shop_orders

3) I have prevented user from deleting order by disabling ‘delete_shop_order’ capability. But I still need help preventing a user role from deleting Order Notes. Can I pay you some money to give me the code which can do this?

Many Thanks,
    Jawad

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Jawad,

How do you delete the old version of URE? If you clicked ‘Delete’ at WordPress admin – the result is expected all file and data related to the plugin were deleted.

1) When you change capabilities or roles URE stop his work at that point. All permissions checking made further is done by WordPress. URE take part just when you use additional modules, like admin menu or edit restrictions.
    I can not repeat a described issue. WordPress shows permissions error properly in this case. Send a list of capabilities available to such user.

2) delete_shop_order, delete_shop_orders are the same. WordPress uses ‘delete_shop_order’ for internal use and converts it finally to the ‘delete_shop_orders’. I think that WooCommerce should not create ‘delete_shop_order’ capability apparently, as WordPress does not create ‘delete_post’ for example.
    ‘delete_shop_order_terms’ – related to the taxonomy linked to the orders. Like categories or tags linked to the posts.

3) I will check what I can do with it and let you know the result. Such code may cost $20-$30.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.