Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ Defining Posts View Access in php

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Vladimir
    Keymaster

Btw., if you use any caching plugin, try to use different computers for testing view access.

zunk
    Participant

humm thanks for this support.
    So the problem comes from my side…

I can’t check the same setting as yours, because I’ve deleted ‘subscriber’, ‘contributor’, ‘author’, ‘editor’ roles.
    I only create new roles with URE from none (“make copy of none”).
    At the moment, I do not use any capability for my roles.
    Any chance my prob could come from a capability missing (a one available in default “author” role)?
    🙁

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Really, when you create new role as a copy of ‘none’, URE adds to it at least one capability – ‘read’. Does your role has it? I did not make tests with absolutely empty roles.

It should not have difference what role do you use built-in or custom one. Role should exist and current user should have it.

I used ‘author’ role as an example only, it does not play a key role, what role to use.

zunk
    Participant

add_filter( ‘ure_content_view_access_data_for_role’, ‘my_content_view_access_data_for_role’, 10, 2 );

function my_content_view_access_data_for_role( $restriction, $role_id ) {
    if ( $role_id==’soc2′ ) {
    $restriction[‘access_model’] = 2;
    $restriction[‘access_error_action’] = 1;
    $restriction[‘data’][‘posts’] = array(49, 101, 100, 99);
    }
    return $restriction;
    }

I’ve delete the rest of my php for a try, then desactivate all my plugins.
    I’ve put the same setting in the post 99:
    – View Access: Prohibit view;
    – For Users: All visitors (logged in or not);
    – Action: Return HTTP 404 error.
    The 49, 101, and 100 use this settings:
    View access: “Allow View”
    For user: Any User Role
    Action : Return HTTP 404 Error

it works for 49, 101, 100 but the 99 is still prohibited.
    I really don’t understand my instal is pretty new.
    I’ve create another user and a new role with “Read” capability, but this is the same. I do not have cache plugin, and I can see any change I do in live.

Last hope could be a setting into URE settings that I miss or that I should uncheck?
    I’ve also tried with “post_type Page” and it is the same than with a Custom Post Type..

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Look if 99 post has category, which also has view restriction at category level. It’s just assumption about possible conflict with a hook. It should not take place though.

It it will not help. I can look at your data on site tomorrow. If it’s applicable send URL and admin login credentials to support [at-sign] role-editor.com

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.