Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Vladimir
    Keymaster

I did not have a solution yet.

Just FYI: I met a problem with local setup of your site copy. It’s the 1st time when even after removing from a copy all mu- and casual plugins, activating WP default theme and comparing all WP files with wordpress.org’s WP 5.0.3 installation package I still can not login to the local site copy – it reports about troubles with cookies. The 10+ other sites allows to login from the same browser but this copy does not… So I still finding what may be wrong.

Btw., can you try to deactivate temporary “iThemes Security (Better WP Security)” plugin? I have assumption that it may be a reason of a conflict with URE Pro admin menu access add-on. Let me know the result.

armel
    Participant

Hello Vladimir,

I have deactivated Ithemes Security but it has not solved the issue.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Armel,

Thanks for this information. I will continue my investigations.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I resolved a coockie issue with access to local copy of your site.

I can not repeat the problem with admin menu access. Testing showed that admin menu access works as expected, look this video.

Local copy differences: “iThemes Security” plugin is not active. I can not activate it for a while as I did not use SSL at local development environment yet. I hope to resolve this configuration issue and proceed if you give me more time.

It would be good if you send me (via email) a fresh temporal login link for superadmin user. I wish to compare some settings with your live site.

armel
    Participant

I just sent you the link in a private email.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Provided single site admin permissions is not enough to view all settings and try to reproduce the issue. Superadmin access is required.

Btw., I do not see it at your older video, – what role was granted to the user armel at the ‘lite’ subsite when you recorded that video?

I got a thought about possible confusion of pmpro level ‘lite’ and user role ‘lite’, for which you added admin menu access restrictions. Definitely pmrpo level is not a user role and vise versa.

2nd, after more careful look at the same video, I see that you did not really fulfill “Network Update”. When you clicked “Update” from admin menu ajax data exchange with server took some time and your next click on the “Network update” button did not take effect as URE Pro just waited/received ajax response from a server and showed notice at the top about “admin menu access data update” for the current role. It was made for the main site only. When you will click “Network update” you see 1st the dialog where you can select what add-ons data to replicate for all subsites. Look at this screenshot.

armel
    Participant

Hello Vladimir,

I have done many trials already and even when the dialog box come up for network upgrade, the changes don’t go into effect.

Pmpro level ‘Lite’ and user role ‘lite’. I don’t think this is causing issue.

I sent you the correct login link privately.

I hope you will be able to troubleshoot it effectively now.

Kindly waiting for your update.

Thanks

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Armel,

I did not receive a message with the updated login link. Please re-check.

armel
    Participant

Hello, Vladimir

It looks like this issue has been fixed.

However the plugin addon doesnt work at all.

See video below

https://www.useloom.com/share/16d2a397c85346ae922880daa8f69958

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Armel,

Thanks for letting me know.

Remember that I wrote you here that editing add-on settings at the main site is not enough to get the same settings at the subsite. “Apply to All sites” checkbox does not transfer add-ons data, but roles capabilities only. You should to use “Network admin->Users->User Role Editor->Update Network” for that.
    And if you will use it, you see that “Plugins access” add-on is not included into the list of add-ons which data are available for replication for the whole network.

Check if needed settings for that add-on are in place for subsite. Go to the ‘lite’ subsite menu Users->User Role Editor, click “Plugins” button and look, if needed plugins selected for this role at this subsite. Then proceed with testing.

armel
    Participant

Are you saying that it is not possible to remove plugins from the plugin list for all specific users of the network? Instead this should be done manually at each subsite.

If that’s the case this is not good for my project as I will be handling thousands of sites and i need this process to be done automatically from the main site with super admin privilege.

I think this option is pretty pointless if it cannot be applied to the whole network like other features.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Armel,

Right. I said exactly this. Current version does not support replication of plugins access restriction for the whole network.
    I can not explain a reason why, though. It seems, that it’s a bug, which prevents including “Plugins activation access” add-on to the list of add-ons available for network replication. I will investigate it and try to fix with the next update.

With current version you need set restrictions for every subsite manually.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Development version 4.50.b1 is available from this page.
    It allows to replicate “Plugins activation access” add-on data to the whole network from the network admin.

armel
    Participant

can I safely use this plugin on my live network?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

As your test showed – it’s not ready for the production environment yet. But it’s very near. I work on the fix for bugs discovered with your help.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.