Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    armel
    Participant

Hello, there are some plugins I don’t want to show in the menu for certain users but since this plugins have manage_options capabilities, they will show anyway.

If I remove manage_option capability to that user, some plugins I want to show will be removed too.

So how to cope against this? I thought about changing plugin capability in plugin file but this will be overriden after update.

Is there a better way to solve this?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Look at the “Admin menu access” add-on developed especially for this purpose. May be it will be suitable for you.

armel
    Participant

Hello,

I currently use the ‘admin menu access’ add on but like I said if a plugin has manage_options capability it will show even if I remove it from the list.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Let me test this. Show plugin download link if it’s free or share its .zip via DropBox or GoogleDrive. I use paid product received from client for the testing purpose only.

armel
    Participant
    armel
    Participant

The video below described in details the issue i’m facing.
    Using the admin menu access add on doesn’t block admin menu items if they have manage_option capability. how can I fix this?

https://www.useloom.com/share/bc621000067e47d8b3872e134071bfd4

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I recorded short video in parallel with you. I shows that ‘Admin menu access’ add-on blocks menu item for ‘tawk.to’ plugin included into the list you shared.

I will look your video now.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

1st, it’s not enough to block just top level menu item if you wish to block full menu. You have to mark as blocked all unneeded submenu items too.
    2nd, be sure that you test admin menu access at the same subsite where you made restrictions for the role. “Apply to all subsites” option from the main site works for the roles only. It does not replicate add-ons data. You have to use “Update Network” button from the “Network admin->Users->User Role Editor” page for this purpose.

Do you have active some other plugin related to admin menu management? Like “Admin menu editor” or similar? It’s possible to get conflict in this case.

armel
    Participant

Hello Vladimir,

I tried the above but it’s not working. I do not have a similar plugin activated either.

https://www.useloom.com/share/0f37bc2d8ee9448ab3f4163d4f7eec2e

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I see. Is it possible for you to share with me a copy of database and files (themes and plugins folders only)?
    I would try to setup and analyse the issue at my local development environment.

If Yes, share files with support [at-sign] role-editor.com via DropBox or similar or provide access to FTP and MyPhpAdmin in order I can make needed copies myself.

armel
    Participant

yes, i just sent you an email with required info

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thank you.
    I will not touch any settings at the live site. I will contact you with the results of my investigation.

armel
    Participant

Ok thanks Vladimir. Any update so far?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Not yet. I will try to find a solution tomorrow.

armel
    Participant

ok thanks! any update now?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.