Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Can't change settings of other plugin as admin

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    fuseo
    Participant

Yes, turning “Force custom post types to use own capabilities” off has fixed the issue.

Thank you for your help. Is there anywhere I can rate this plugin? I would love to give it 5 stars thanks to your support.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I will appreciate if you leave a review at URE’s core version home:

User Role Editor

fuseo
    Participant

Thank you. I’ve written a review.

One more question though: I’m creating a new user role called ‘Equilli Brugge’. This person should have access to 3 specific pages, a custom post type (called ‘nieuws’) and the Booked plugin appointments.

Here’s the problem:

When I activate “Force custom post types to use their own capabilities”, this user has access to the ‘nieuws’ custom post type, but can’t access the Booked plugin. When I disable “Force custom post types to use their own capabilities”, the user has access to the Booked plugin, but not the ‘nieuws’ posts.

What should I do to fix this?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks to you.

The universal scenario when you don’t know what capability protects custom post type, look for that using Admin menu access add-on. Open it for ‘Administrator” role and look what capability protects needed menu item. Grant that capability to the selected role then. If this is a ‘edit_posts’, but you don’t need that this role access to the posts, except ‘nieuws’, then block unneeded menu items, like ‘Posts’ menu with the same “Admin menu access” add-on.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.