Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Can't change settings of other plugin as admin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    fuseo
    Participant

I’m using a plugin called ‘Booked’ for appointments. Yesterday I was configuring and testing the plugin, and everything worked fine. Today I was going to continue my work, but I can’t access the settings menu of the plugin. I get the “you are not allowed to edit…” message, even though I’m an admin.

I checked the User Role Editor for admin permissions and all the boxes for this plugin are checked.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Check if your user was granted ‘administrator’ role not a copy with other role ID.
    Check if there are any unchecked capabilities at your ‘administrator’ role. I mean that administrator role should have all capabilities checked.

fuseo
    Participant

What do you mean with “Check if your user was granted ‘administrator’ role not a copy with other role ID?” Where can I check this?

What’s weird is that I could access everything yesterday, but can’t today (while I didn’t change any user roles).

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Open “Users->User Role Editor”, select ‘Administrator’ role from the drop-down list at the top and look if a value at the circle parenthesis to the right from the “Administrator” role is “administrator”. Some plugins check access via current_user_can(‘administrator’), where ‘administrator’ is a role ID, not a role name.

fuseo
    Participant

Do you mean the (administrator)?
    sqdfq

The plugin I talked about is labelled as ‘Appointments’ in the screenshot above. As you can see, all 11 boxes are checked.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Yes, I mean exactly this: ‘administrator’. So check that your user has exactly this role – via “Users” list.

Pay attention that your administrator role was granted just 218 capabilities from the total 237. I recommend you to grant all capabilities to the ‘administrator’ role without any exceptions. Just in case there are any other capability related to “Booked” plugin and could be critical at this case.

fuseo
    Participant

My user role is ‘beheerder’, so that should be fine?
    I also added the missing capabilities (related to gravityforms) but I still can’t access the Booked plugin settings.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Can you provide me a copy of “Booked” plugin? Send dropbox or similar link to support [at-sign] role-editor.com
    I will check what exactly it require to access to its Settings.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I looked at the older 1.4.6 version – it requires ‘manage_options’ for all “Appointments” menu items, including “Appointments->Settings”.

I recommend you to compare this plugin files with original copy, just in case some file was modified…

fuseo
    Participant

Ok, I’ve send you an email with the plugin file.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Check if administrator role has ‘edit_booked_appointments’ capability.

These capabilities are required by this plugin (menu item – capability):
    Appointments – edit_booked_appointments
    Pending – edit_booked_appointments
    Calendars – manage_booked_options
    Settings – edit_booked_appointments
    What’s New? – manage_booked_options

fuseo
    Participant

Everything is checked:
    booked

fuseo
    Participant

Is it normal that I can’t uncheck one of the boxes in the screenshot above? When I click it, it stays checked.

fuseo
    Participant

PS: I tried another admin login, and the problem is the same.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Yes, it’s by design: you can not revoke a capability from administrator role, you can just add a capability to it.

Is it critical for your purpose to have option “Force custom post types to use own capabilities” turned ON? If not, switch it OFF at URE’s settings page and you will get access to this plugin back.
    We met the incompatibility issue here.
    I suppose that “Booked” plugin defines booked_appointments custom post type capability mapping some special way. I need more time to find a workaround…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.