Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Editor role settings not displaying correctly Reply To: Editor role settings not displaying correctly

sadhaka
Participant

Hello Vladimir,

I took a break for about a week from trying to setup the plugin (PI) on a client site. Last Friday, September 25, I sat down again to finish the configuration. Per your instructions, I removed the version I had on my development site (current as of Sept. 4) and installed whatever the latest beta version was you were offering (as of Sept. 25). I did resolve items 1, 3, and 4 from my initial post. Since I did not grant permission for an Editor on the site to activate or install plugins, I concluded that the WP SEO by Yoast plugin admin menu was not going to appear on the backend (resolution of item #2). [The Yoast SEO custom fields appear just fine on posts and pages.]

I had one major problem that came up last Friday: Gravity Forms (GF) kept appearing in the WP Admin menu when logged in as an Editor. Under ‘URE User Settings | Editor Role – Custom Capabilities’ I did not select any Gravity Forms settings. And I said earlier, the Editor role was not granted any permission to install or activate plugins. Yet, the GF settings kept showing up in the Editor’s admin menu.

After putting 2-1/2 hours into fixing the problem without getting the desired result, I went looking for a different role editor plugin. I found one in the WordPress.org plugin repository that will do the job. It took about an hour to configure and gave me about 90% of what I wanted.

At this point, I do not plan to use the User Role Editor Pro plugin. I would like a full refund, and to close my account.

Sincerely,

Robert Gadon
developer for ‘yogastlouis.us’
representing client: Bruce Roger (in who’s name the license was originally purchased).