Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Restrict or Permit access inside WordPress – how to You do not have sufficient permissions to access this admin page.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    skrishnan
    Participant

Greetings experts,

We bought a Calendar of events plugin for our users and today, as one of the users was attempting to add an event to the calendar, he received the following message:

You do not have sufficient permissions to access this admin page.

Googling this error produced this work around that one of your users had used successfully to work around this problem.

Here is a link to the solution that was provided:

ure_restrict_edit_post_type

I tried this solution by adding it to the theme’s functions.php file.

However, I am still having same problem.

Did it I add it to the wrong functions.php file or is there some piece of that code that I am missing?

Your prompt assistance is greatly appreciated.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

You can use functions.php file which belong to active theme.

Do you really have edit restrictions enabled and set for this user?

skrishnan
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

Currently, users have add/edit controls.

However, they are not allowed to view the calendar itself but we would like them to be able to add events to the calendar.

Furthermore, one of the advantages of using this plugin is that it allows us to restrict users to their specific departments.

We believe that may be the issue here as the calendar is not specific to any department.

Is there a workaround that allows users to add events to the calendar even if the calendar or event does not belong to the department they have assess to?

Thanks again for your help

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Yes, it’s possible to exclude selected custom post type from the URE edit restrictions, according to the article you mentioned.

Show a code which you tried to add to your functions.php file. Re-check, that events CPT ID you use in the code is the same as Calendar of events plugin really uses.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.