Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports WPML, Woocommerce and user role editor

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    [email protected]
    Participant

Hi we have a site with WooCommerce and are using WPML (Swedish as the main language).
    When I use the Content View Restriction with the settings
    View Access: Allow View
    Selected User Roles: administrator, boston_admin, fsa_admin, spelare_boston
    Action: Redirect to URL
    It works perfect, only the selected users can see the product.
    But if I open the page as a user which is not logged in, and then goes to the shop page and change language from Swedish (where the product is hidden) to English I can see and order the product.
    How can I get it to hide the product in the second language?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

WPML uses other page instance (db record) for the other language, for which you did not set content view restriction. I don’t have test WPML setup. Check if it’s possible to setup content view restriction for the page copy which you open for English language.

[email protected]
    Participant

Hi Vladimir, thanks for your quick reply. I just changed to the old translation under WooCommerce Multilingual settings and changed the settings in the English product. So now it works great. It would be nice if the user role settings in the original product was copied over to the language you translated to direct so we could use the new translation tool.
    Thanks for your help with this.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Bjorn,

Good suggestion. Can you provide me a copy of WPML plugins (via DropBox or Google Drive)? I would look how they link posts with different languages and try to hook content view restrictions settings from the main language to other post copies.

[email protected]
    Participant

I sent it over DropBox to [email protected] if you have any problems to access this please let me know.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I got it. Thank you. I will work on the update.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.