Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jmb597
    Participant

Hi! I just bought the pro version but am unclear as to how I can ONLY allow my client to access the property listing manager, create a new property, etc…

I’m pretty sure these are considered posts, but still, I’m not sure. Let me know if you need my log in info! Thank you!!!

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

General steps:
    1) Activate admin menu access add-on.
    2) Go to ‘Users->User Role Editor’, select ‘administrator’ role.
    3) Click ‘Admin menu’ button and find menus related to a ‘property listing’ plugin, check what capabilities are required for them (3rd column).
    4) Select a role, under which your user will work. Grant those capabilities to this role. Look at admin menu. Block unneeded menu items if you find some.

You can send me (support [at-sign] role-editor.com) a copy of “property listing manager” plugin (via dropbox or similar) and I will explain you what to do with it.

Or send admin login credentials. I can look at it on-line then.

jmb597
    Participant

Wow, thank you so much!! I will send you the login credentials…where to?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Send them to support email, mentioned at a previous message.
    Tell also, to what user do you wish to provide that access.

jmb597
    Participant

OH, to Lister(property), I created a new one with your plugin. THANK YOU!!!

jmb597
    Participant

I sent an email to you, sorry I didn’t make the connection to the email above. it’s a blackdog address.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, WPL plugin uses ‘administrator’ role instead of some user capability in order to protect its menu.
    WPL admin menu access

Only users with ‘administrator’ role have access to this menu. It’s not possible to change this editing user roles.

If you send me this plugin copy, I will look into its source code. Some plugins add custom filter, which allows to change how menu is protected.

Workaround:
    1)replace ‘administrator’ at plugin source code with some custom capability. Contact plugin developers in order they consider to make the same change with a next update.
    2) “Admin menu editor” WordPress plugin, which allows to replace ‘capabilities’ which used during admin menu definition.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.