Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Restrict or Permit access inside WordPress – how to Users Own Posts – Own Data Only is not working for me – what am I doing wrong?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    xtopher
    Participant

I have an issue where I believe I have the right permissions set, however when I look in the posts panel, as an author or contributor I can see every post.

I’m trying to restrict authors and contributors to being able to create posts/media files, but only view in the posts panel their own content. I must be missing something, because when I login as an author or contributor, I see every post in in the Post Admin panel, including my own. I want to restrict this view to just the handful of posts that each author may have. Also the filter at the top of the posts panel that says “mine” renders no results. May not be related to your plugin.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Did you set “Own data only” flag at a user profile or at a user role?
    If 2nd, does user have that single role or multiple roles assigned?

Yes, in order to exclude conflict with other plugins try to deactivate them all temporally and make new test.

xtopher
    Participant

I believe it is set at the User Role level. The user is only assigned to the one role. I disabled plugins and still have the issue.

I’m not sure I have things set properly. Is there a step by step guide for doing this on the site?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

This page describes how to use “edit restrictions” add-on.

I may look at your settings online if you send admin credentials to support [at-sign] role-editor.com

Vladimir
    Keymaster

You set restrictions for the posts view. This add-on is for the front-end. What posts are available to a user for read/view at front-end.

In order to restrict “own data only” at the posts/pages list at the back-end you should use “Edit posts restrictions” add-on and
    make similar settings for a role with “Posts Edit”.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.